Monday, February 23, 2009

Pandora Complex

What am I?

A dhampir girl born of a curse. A legacy of a lost bloodline that should never have existed to begin with. A gift and a curse. Before I only knew how to create, but I always had that insipid weakness born to me. It was put there deliberately to help dominate the race I'm a part of. A weakness of will. No matter how hard I try, I can't prevent the influence of a stronger power over me. The more I grew im my own powers, discovering them, the more I opened up to the aether, the spirit world. I grew even more susceptible to what terrors lie beyond. But the Raven has watched me for a very long time. I don't know why. He chose me as his messenger. Even now I don't completely understand it. I know at times I have visions, and through his power I've become something more. Perhaps a redeeming quality, or a balance to what darkness I'm capable of. He made me his valkyrie, and tied my powers even greater to the aether, spirits and the like. A gateway, a voice, beholding great and terrible things. For what purpose? Should I embrace this harsh existence as but a tool of god like beings? Must more die because of me? trying to control the power or because I can't? Even now, with the goddess sleeping there, protecting me from that weakness of mine. Is that not in a way her own will over me? It did protect me from Cthulhu's insanity. I've questioned if I should even exist. Lady Omega said, of course I should.

No comments: