Friday, April 3, 2009

Journal 4/3/09 "Destiny"

It's been a while since I wrote. I couldn't find the heart after the institute drifted apart in separate directions. I feel even now I don't belong where I am, and I have no love for the one who leads us. It always seems the new ones who look up to me for some reason are why I stay. Lately I've roamed many lands as if searching for something, but I know now it's not the reason I hoped for.
For so long I've been used, even by those who thought they knew what was best for me. What is a life with no free will? I'll never live a normal life. These higher beings, some devine, some monstrous, all pushing their will on me. It took the act of a friend to show me, to open my eyes. That final betrayal helped me realize that I'll always be a pawn as long as these 'gods' exist. I've shown in the past that am capable of hurting them, but I've began looking for a true weapon, perhaps even the spear of destiny. With this cursed goddess sleeping inside of me, I know that not even Cthulhu himself can exert his will on me. So as they've used me, I'll use her and bring about my own Ragnarok. Perhaps the child I now carry will know a better world free of the burdens I suffer. I hope I don't live long enough to find out. My death will be my own, even if my life never was. I am damned in one way or another, so it no longer matters. I'll be the messenger of death and the gods will find my deliverance. Remember me if I ever was. ~Faye'Li

No comments: