Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The Mask

The Sha, an ancient spirit who emerged from deep withing Dryl is a mysterious sort. She's the "hollow" so she says. Taking things away, making them hollow. She offered to take away my child, but I refused outright. My decision is already made. Then she told me what else the Sha can do. To feel nothing, no pain, to be in tune and understanding. To be enlightened with universal forces, but not hampered by emotional attachments. The Sha showed me how to fasten a mask that would give me that. No more pain, no more confusion. She told me the risks and how I should keep the mask carefully within a container made of the same material, and how I should only use it when I need to. We'll see. I don't know the risks of the mask, but the peace of detachment doesn't sound so bad when you've suffered so long. I'll wear it and see.

No comments: